[Tigers] Timing

Smit, Theo Theo.Smit at garmin.com
Thu Nov 2 15:50:45 MDT 2017

Fuel permitting, on the street you can make your car a lot more responsive by running looser springs such that your timing does advance to the max as soon as practical. It may also be helpful to run more initial timing at idle, but then you have to make sure that your total timing doesn’t go further than you really want. Some distributors have adjustable timing stops; the factory distributors had two positions for the advance mechanism, that differed by two or four crank degrees. If those total advance amounts did not suit your application you would have to weld up and then regrind the advance slot.

Theo