[Tigers] Tiger mention in Sportscar Magazine

spmdr at juno.com spmdr at juno.com
Tue Mar 28 10:30:06 MDT 2017

This is entertaining, The last time I was at an Open Test day (at Button
Willow), there was a Volvo Wagon turbo running.

I thought it was a bit of an odd track car... (maybe even WEIRD....)

The driver WAS  "...Giving it ALL she's Got..."

It was fun following it.

DW

The April issue of SCCA magazine, Sportscar, has a monthly column written
by Randy Pobst.  Pobst is a long time pro driver, mostly sedans often a
factory team driver.
In thte April issue he discusses a variety of subjets icluding
preparation of his Volvo 740 turbo. In point 3 he states "I certainly
enjoy and admire those brave and creative Club Racers who show up with
something weird: an Opel, a Lancia Scorpion, or a Sunbeam Tiger".

Maby a reference to  Tom Patton or Barry Schonberger or maybe the growing
number of Vintage participants driving Tigers and Alpines. As always a
rather favorable mention of Tigers is appreciated.

Regards,

Curt