[Tigers] At Least One More Dumb Question From You Know Who...

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Thu Aug 3 11:19:56 MDT 2017

And it concerns the front Hard and Soft top windshield weather stripping.  I
have 2 different cross sections of the stuff. One is a harder almost plastic
version that is on the HT and one is a spongy material that maybe goes on
the soft top. Now, I am not sure why there would be two different ones since
they both work the same and  fit the same place so to speak.  I do know that
the harder one is a full on chore to install, but, conversely, the soft
spongy one also is difficult because it is soft and pulls out easily.  Which
one is correct for the applications? Which one goes on which top?

Right now I just want to get some of it in place as an aid to locating the
soft top glue down area so I can put contact cement on the things.

Comments? Thoughts, Easy way? Or just bear down and mash the thing into the
small "C" channels.  I use popsicle sticks as the tool of choice for getting
the stuff into place.

Interested in comments and should a photo of the installs be handy (no need
to go out and take a new photo, lol) that might be instructive.

I found it instructive to look at the drawings in the WSM and surprisingly
and helpfully, they are both called weather stripping. how informative..

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile