[Tigers] More Frame questions - with PDF for your viewing

daniel doornbos dan_doornbos at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:15:10 MDT 2016

Thanks again to all with the replies.  I'm out of town this weekend but will look at it early next week.  A quick inspection last night it does look like the frame is OK beyond the kink in the rail.  No ripple's or other indication further back to the body.  In the PDF link slide 5 showed the best picture I have.  Their is a straight seam and reweld of the inner fender forward starting at the front cross member bolt (where my channel iron stand is bolted to).  The part that is welded to the frame is really poor work.

I'll measure the original cross member, I have a Mike H Mustang II cross member to go into the car so I can compare those pieces.  Note the hole sizes in the original cross member by my estimation would easily allow for 1/4" of alignment just by bolt size to hole size.

I'll wait till I give it to the frame guy to determine if straighten or replace is the right call.

dan