[Tigers] MkII VINs

Tom Hall modtiger at comcast.net
Sat Jul 16 18:27:21 MDT 2016

On 7/16/2016 9:54 AM, Tod Brown via Tigers wrote:
> Norm:
>
> I stand corrected and apologize for the misunderstanding. As I said, I
> had always believed the 289 MkIA's were a myth, so how I misconstrued
> what was said, I cannot explain.
> Mea Culpa!
>
> Tod --

Since the list has been essentially dead until this recent subject, lets
stir the pot.  We know that under the JAL tags on original undisturbed
chassis is the standard red prime.  What if this tag was not installed
by Jensen as many have suggested.  We think we know that the first coat
of color was applied at Pressed Steel prior to shipment to Jensen for
final assembly because that color is on the JAL tags.  Soooo, PS had the
option to install the tag, or not depending on other instruction.  Mix
those possibilities in and see what changes!

Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC
5712 San Luis Court
Pleasanton, CA 94566