[Tigers] MkII VINs

Tod Brown todbrown at roadrunner.com
Sat Jul 16 08:09:46 MDT 2016

Tom:

As I said in my previous email, 00001 and 00002 were assembled by
Rootes, not Jensen, and do not carry JAL tags, according to the note in
the SS catalog. In the pics I got for 00002, I could see no JAL tag.
Whether Jensen took into account 00001 and 00002 when they began
assigning JAL numbers to the cars they assembled, I could not say. I
have seen, in the past, many examples where serial numbers and JAL
numbers are not in sequence. My guess is that Jensen was not at all
careful with assigning JAL numbers as they assembled the cars.

Tod