[Tigers] Front Hubs

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Sun Sep 13 06:46:14 MDT 2015

Every part has allowable manufacturing tolerance specified on the print.

I believe the brake discs should be about 1/2" thick but I don't know the
tolerance for the max thickness or the diameter.  The caliper opening,
caliper position and the thickness of the brake pads govern the max
thickness and diameter of the disc.

The hub could be a different story.   It is very possible the mould cavity
for that hub was at end of life with the tolerances maxed out or even
greater.   Rootes was also near end of life so a deviation was probably
signed off to accept these out of spec parts.  This is only a possible
explanation.   We would need Corporate record to know the real truth.

Most likely that hub has some extra metal at the center hub that can be
machine down to fit that Mag.

Ron Fraser