[Tigers] Tiger Door Handle's Lock Cover

Jim McLaughlin jimmc13 at socket.net
Mon Oct 26 11:58:24 MDT 2015

Rob:
You can remove the cover, but in order to set the spring properly, you must
remove the handle.  Looking at the picture Tom sent you will see the pin for
the cover is split and has a spring around it.  Use a small hook tool to
relieve the spring tension and then you can push the pin part out with a
punch.  I don't suggest using a regular screwdriver as you might spread the
split pin and break it.  Putting it all back is the reverse, however you
have to line up the spring so that tension direct the look door to the
closed position.  Note that on part of the spring (with the hook) goes into
the notch in the handle and the straight part of the spring across the
center goes into the split in the door pin.  Take your time and the results
will be fine.  By the way, I believe Rick sells just the door, obviously one
for each side, R/L.

Jim McLaughlin
B382000175LRXFE 1966