[Tigers] Tiger tires

mwood24020 at aol.com mwood24020 at aol.com
Sat Oct 24 13:11:24 MDT 2015

?
15's are probably the easiest size tire to find, as far as 140-200TW high performance rubber goes.?195 to 225 section widths are very well supported, because they are common to lots of cars that are used for autocross and track use...everything from NA/NB Miatas to Honda CRX/Civic. When you get to 17's, the selection of tires that will fit up front becomes limited, because of section width (I'm also no fan of the 17" look, but to each their own).
?
Have you run the staggered R888 set up in an autocross with competition you can benchmark off? Or, better yet, were you able to do back to back testing??I'd bet real money that your square RA1 set up is faster, even though the R888 compound has slightly better grip (at the expense of accelerated wear in comparison to the RA1). Also, the R888 wants more?negative camber than the RA1. So, if you haven't (and have any room left for adjustment), I'd dial in more static camber, particularly with the smaller front section width. :)?