[Tigers] Dump the Clutch

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Sun Oct 4 15:12:12 MDT 2015

Jay
    It takes either a brave or foolish person to drop the clutch like that
on stock parts.  I would not want a permanent limp from an exploding clutch.
Now it is possible that the Shelby prototype he did this to had some better
parts but I don't know.

    Most likely Don Tarbun started off like he had jumped into any other
typical British car of the time.   Little did he realize how much more low
end torque he had under his foot and it greatly surprised him.   I would
guess most people who drove that car for the first time had a similar
experience.

I'll even venture a guess that some first time British driver of the Shelby
car went sideways or did a donut trying to get off the line.

Ron Fraser