[Tigers] Tiger road wheels

snakebit289 snakebit289 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 11:32:16 MDT 2015

To build on what was just posted to this group, there was a problem with metal around the lug stud holes, and a new wheel with reinforced holes was substituted for the Tiger, dated Jan 1965(according to a parts catalogue change) and the very same wheel  replaced all Series 3, Series IV, and Series V Alpines when the Alpine portion of the catalogue(3rd revision) was published circa Feb 1965. According to the parts catalogue, it also replaces wheels on Alpine Series II after car serial # B9107290.
The updated road wheel is part number 1214930. Two of the wheels that came with my Tiger are stamped with the updated number. Using the valve stem hole as the 12 OClock position, this stamping is at the 6 OClock postion and an additional number (65 on one wheel of my car and 66 on the other) is at the 9 OClock position. If your road wheels were in the same condition as mine, you may have to take a wire brush to the wheels to remove layers of paint to see the number.
Rande BellmanTiger IA #48