[Tigers] Brakes

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Thu Nov 5 12:42:21 MST 2015

IMO the stock disc brakes on the Tiger are fine.   Its the pads that
sometimes leave a lot to be desired.  I now have some Hawke HPS pads on the
Tiger and they are very nice.

Heat is the biggest problem for the brake system.   Brake pads all have a
max temperature they can endure before they start to turn white.
I have Hawke Blue on my Mustang for Track days and I could smoke them if I
wanted.

I can only see going to a Wilwood system if your going to many Track events
and you need a better range of pads for different events.

Ron Fraser