[Tigers] 260 for the 21 century

Larry Paulick lpaulick1 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 21 08:46:09 MDT 2015

Very interesting article, which shows how much work and money is needed to get HP from a 260 ci engine.  When I see claims of 300hp from a 260 in a Tiger, I am reminded of how much work it is to get this kind of hp, as noted in this article.

I  had an early 2 door Fairlane with a 221ci and 3 speed, which was a lot of fun, and a nice family car.

My Tiger has a 1990 Mustang 5.0L with F4B, double pumper Holley, roller rockers and roller cam (stock), which dyno’ed at 297 hp at 4800 rpm and torque at 347.  I gave away a 289 HiPo to a friend, cause I wanted a toque engine, not a high rpm engine.

HP is great for bragging, but it is torque that gets you going.

Larry

BTW got engine, T5 trans and all FI including hardness and box for $1200 delivered from local junk yard, after I saw car and engine running in the car.  Cost per hp and torque is hard to beat with CI.