[Tigers] Fantom Works

Tod Brown todbrown at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 9 13:07:23 MDT 2015

Rande:

I get the channel and saw the show with the Tiger. I don't think I would
have been happy
with what they did. First of all, I thought the price was awful high for
the dash they built.
You can easily find very nice dashboards for the Tiger at a fraction of
their price. Secondly,
I didn't think that the walnut burl they used, while nicely done, was
very authentic looking.
And, finally, I thought their selection of gauges was not very
authentic, either. One can easily
obtain used gauges on eBay or elsewhere and have them rebuilt (and
upgraded in the case
of the tach) for less than the gauges they installed. In the end, it
looked very nice, but
anyone familiar with Tigers would recognize it as far from original.
Now, maybe I am too
hung up on originality and the owner may love it but, as I said, it is
not my cup of tea.

Cheers,

Tod