[Tigers] Convertible top frame color

Jim McLaughlin jimmc13 at socket.net
Mon Apr 13 07:41:03 MDT 2015

Andy:
I recently put a new top on my 1966 Mark 1a.  I was struggling with the
frame color for the top frame.  I took the top material off the bow and took
it to a local paint shop.  These folks have a paint spectral analyzer and a
good reputation.  The closest color for the bow was Cromax CAS773, which
they put in a aerosol can for me to use.  I have an Alpine and a Tiger and
when I finished the frame you could not tell the difference between the
Alpine top frame and the newly repainted Tiger frame.  I am quite satisfied
with the result.
By the way the paint shop is part of O'Reilly's Store 4087 in Columbia,
Missouri and the people in this shop mix paint for many shops in the area.
They also mixed the Dupont paint (86) for my car.
Label data:

CAS773

430-03            52.9                52.9
430-01            64.7                11.8
430-08            66.3               01.8
435-96            162.2              95.7

I believe this is the recipe for the paint I purchased in a 5.0 ounce
aerosol can.  Hope this helps
Jim