[Tigers] high speed generator pulley

genepadgett at comcast.net genepadgett at comcast.net
Mon Apr 6 12:56:58 MDT 2015

Hi All,

In the book Performance Tuning the Tiger there is mention and a picture of a larger than stock generator pulley which slows the generator down and makes it happier to be run at higher motor RPM's. Call me crazy, but I would like to find such a pulley and keep using a generator for the totally stock look on my higher reving 347 motor. BTW, my current pulley is about 3.25 inches in diameter.

My current generator needs to be replaced and I have a remanufactured one on order. It comes without a pulley. So as long as I have to put a pulley on it, I am thinking if I could find a larger diameter one that would fit, why not?

I know there are alternators now available packaged in a generator looking style case but I really do not want to go there at the present time.

So does anyone know anything about that larger diameter generator pulley mentioned in the book? A part number? Maybe it is stock for some of the other generators back in the day?

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Gene