[Tigers] Heater box drain to duckbill

genepadgett at comcast.net genepadgett at comcast.net
Sun Apr 27 23:02:12 MDT 2014

Hi All,

While rummaging around under the dash with the wooden front off it, I noticed there was a big gap between the drain duckbill in the trans tunnel and the nipple that extends from the heater box area into the cabin. Does not seem right. I fear I left something out when I had the hearter core out several years ago. The gap is about 3/4 from the tip of the nipple to the trans tunnel. The nipple itself is about 1 inch long as it extends into the cabin area.

I do see something like a joining piece of tubing in the Sunbeam specialties catalog drawing (page 4) that would fit in that gap. But they show no part number for it. Anyone know where to find such a piece or what would work in its place?

Also I see on ebay a new rubber drain/duct piece for the heater core/box area. Is ebay the only place to find it, or is there a more direct source?

Gene