[Tigers] Falcon and Mustang - resend

snakebit289 snakebit289 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 26 10:29:54 MDT 2014

First to Tom Witt,
The Ray Miller/Evergreen Press books CAN be compared to TBON. What Norm's
book does for Tigers, the Miller series of books does for Falcon,
Thunderbird(1955-1966), Mustang(1965-1973), Nifty Fifties Fords, early
Ford V8's, Corvettes, and Camaro(1967-1981), and while they're out of
print, they're fairly easy to find from used book sources.

I have a few more figures on Falcon and early Mustang. For the 1960
Falcon, competing in sales against Valiant and Corvair, the figure I
found from Ford production records was 435,676 including Ranchero and
Sedan Delivery models. For 1960 and the first year of sales, very good.

Comparing 1965 Falcon production and the portion of 1964 Falcon production
coinciding with the 18 month model year of Mustang the first official
model year(1965), 359,612 Falcons were built. That compares with 680,989 Mustangs built in the same time period. The production of model year
1966 Mustangs amounted to 607,568, covering the 12 month production
period . I was not able to find 1966 production numbers for the 1966
Falcon for the same time period.
Rande Bellman