[Tigers] Fuel pump fix

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 17:15:21 MDT 2014

Ha!  Let's not forget that dad first had an MG TD, then a Jaguar XK120,
later a Sunbeam Alpine and finally a Sunbeam Tiger.  In the middle, he had
a Porsche 356 and a Porsche 911.  As he was apt to let people know, he was
a bona fide rocket scientist, and engineer's engineer, who worked and lived
for precision.  Yet he stuck with English cars time and time again, and
even went back to them after owning teutonic engineering perfection.  Hmm.
 I'm going to guess that his jabs at all things British were deeply encased
in loving admiration.  He'd clearly rather have a car with that starter
knob than a perfected starter!  Then again, the Ford starter didn't really
have that issue either.

Interestingly, he loved the Lotus 7 and F1 Lotus' - but never seemed to
have any interest in ever owning one.

On a tangent, I don't think there were any politicians that he spoke of
more frequently than Churchill and Chamberlain.  And I don't think there
was a channel on his TV more than the BBC from Holmes to Rumpole to Who to
No. 6.

But heck even the Flying Circus couldn't resist poking a finger or two or
three at their beloved country!

All the best,
Jay