[Tigers] Salisbury Cosmetics

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Wed Apr 2 11:11:02 MDT 2014

Hmm, that's interesting. While my OEM rear ends are redish in color, they
are certainly not externally covered in glyptal. That stuff dries like
Teflon and is very slick. Mine is more of a red primer paint. Haven't looked
inside but I have a spare that I can remove the cover from and look. I do
use glyptal on my engines in oily areas to help shed the oil back to a sump
or low point. Even the underside of the intake manifold, the valley area,
main bearing area and timing chain areas. Works great. Never heard of it
being used in our Sunbeams since it is usually reserved for really high
performance and our Tigers were never really high performance.  And a stock
DANA certainly wouldn't need that treatment.  Race car? Maybe.

Larry

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile