[Tigers] Reduced diameter water pump pulley

genepadgett at comcast.net genepadgett at comcast.net
Mon Oct 7 18:06:33 MDT 2013

Hi Owain,

I see Michael has already posted the main part of the answer. I would just add that there were positive results from such a change in the in-depth cooling study a few years ago that is posted on the TE/AE website. http://teae.org/cooling-the-tiger/ Somewhere deep in the study they report positive results with conclusions similar to Michael's.

Anecdotely speaking, I would say my Fairmont pulley has been helpful. I have heard others who have used it report similar favorable results. That, along with running the engine distributor vacuum advance off manifold vacuum instead of ported vacuum and a six bladed fan have been especially helpful for me with the idle and low speed cooling. And that was after putting in a recored radiator.

Gene