[Tigers] Tiger MKII Coming out of Storage

Carl Halgren cghalgren at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 14:22:19 MDT 2013

I am using diesel fuel in the cylinders to see if I can break the pistons loose. While I am waiting for this, I am removing (photographing and labeling) components in preparation for a professional rebuild. The shop says that whatever I can do will reduce their labor, thus saving me money. I hate to spend the money, but I want things done once, and done right. My son-in-law wants to pull the engine up and out. While they do the rebuild, I will drain the transmission and clean it up. The rear end seems OK, but I will check it out as well. I also need to make sure the brakes will work safely. (If it won't go, there you are, but if it won't stop, then where are you?)

Carl