[Tigers] Tiger MKII Coming out of Storage

Carl Halgren cghalgren at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 19 13:36:27 MDT 2013

All,
I am finally attempting to get my Tiger back on the road after 35 years
in the garage.
I have removed the radiator. (I think it leaks.)
I have removed
the water pump - completely frozen up!
The transmission is in neutral.
The
dipstick shows the oil looks good, no sigh of water.
I have removed the spark
plugs.
I tried to rotate the engine, but it is frozen and will not turn.
(Tried to turn it using a long breaker bar.)
I am assuming the old gasoline
has varnished and frozen the engine.
Is there a way to free up the pistons?
What other steps can I take to free it up? Since the engine is original, I
would prefer to keep it, rather than get a new short block.

Any advice would
be greatly appreciated.
Carl Halgren
CGHalgren at yahoo.com