[Tigers] Off Topic---weird too (ATF/Acetone)

Thomas Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Mon Jun 10 19:37:48 MDT 2013

Maybe it is the Acetone we have available here in California... .  I made
the ATF/Acetone 50/50 mixture. I liberally applied it at least twice a day,
for 5 days, on bolts/nuts that I had scraped the gunk and wire brushed the
loose rust off.  The fasteners were still nearly impossible to get off.  And
the area where the nut was on the bolt - was completely dry.  There was
absolutely no penetration what so ever.  Not an odd bolt/nut either.  There
were ten bolts/nuts I was attempting to remove.  But, being a crash test
dummy for Murphy's Law what should I have expected.

Tom