[Tigers] Regulators

Tom Hall modtiger at comcast.net
Sun Dec 8 20:02:51 MST 2013

On 12/8/2013 5:07 PM, Owain Lloyd wrote:
> This one will have to be made on a lathe.  No taper though so should be
> easy.
> On Dec 8, 2013 8:01 PM, "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen at usatoday.com> wrote:

Owain,

The design standard for Ford alternator, generator, and power steering
(hint) shafts was 0.625 or 5/8" in the 60's - 70's period. That leaves
the lathe work on the pulley to matching  offsets for alignment.  I ran
a 4" power steering pulley on my alternator for about 30 years in those
days, and never threw a belt.  If you can identify the common
connections on the alternator, you should also be able to bring them
outside the case and run a totally external regulator.  That
alternator/regulator match and selection however, is definitely more in
Theo's territory.

--
Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC