[Tigers] Hard Top Trim

Tony Somebody achd73 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 10:47:19 MDT 2012

Tod, this is a chore I will face in time as well but I have read differnt
requests for help but it seem that everyone that did manage the installation
never posted just exactly how they managed the tough problem. One thought I
would share is some lube at the places that things snap, even vaseline would
have to help things that snap into place- Im sure they wont snap back off as
hard as getting them on is. I personally would call Yioger Tom in Pa. he has
prolly done as many as anyone and he is a very pleasant person., Best of luck
and when U accomplish your goals- PLEASEHARE.
Thankls, TtT

Tony Lang (TtT)
>________________________________
Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:44 PM
>Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hard Top Trim
>
>Tod
>    Upon further review:
>
>Hardtop side molding
>
>    This is the one
I really need some extra hands on action to
>understand.
>
>It sure looks like
you should be able to hook the upper edge of the trim and
>snap it down into
place except the area at the knee that looks problematic
>to me.

believe what I did was to place the trim over the hardtop rail
>slightly back,
twisted the down leg section some then pushed by hand the
>trim forward at the
knee area until the knee area engages the hardtop rail,
>then snap everything
into place.  I may have used a rubber mallet to help
>move the trim into
place, I don't recall exactly, use light taps to not ding
>the trim.

Work slowly with care and thoughtfulness, this job can be done.

>Hope this
helps you.

tigers-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:tigers-bounces at autox.team.net]
>On
Behalf Of Tod Brown
tigers at autox.team.net
>Subject: [Tigers] Hard Top Trim
>

>Hello All:
>
>After a very long time, I am trying to put the trim on my hard top and
>need
the benefit of some of you with more experience in this subject.
>My first
question has to do with installing the stainless trim around
>the back
window.  Specifically, it seems that you have to install the
>trim as the last
step in the installation process, after the window and
>rubber gasket/molding
have been installed in the window opening or am I
>misunderstanding
something?  If my assumption is correct, exactly how
>does the stainless fit
into the rubber molding.  Obviously, the
>stainless slides into the slot in
the molding toward the inside of the
>molding, but what about the outside edge
of the stainless?  The
>stainless has a rolled edge on its outside, so it
looks like it should
>grab the edge of the molding which would seem easy to do
if the molding
>is not already installed, but not so easy when the molding is
in place.
>I guess what I need is step-by-step guidance starting from the
beginning
>with the window, molding and stainless separated from the hard
top.  I
>have been through the process of installing the molding and window on
>number of occasions but only recently was able to acquire a set of
>stainless trim (thanks to Jim Armstrong carrying it back from England)
>which
is the reason for my questions.

>My second question has to do with the
installation of the long stainless
>side trim, the pieces that go over the top
of the roll-up windows and
>down along the side of the hardtop.  I have heard
there is a way of
>hooking the trim over a part of the rain gutter and then
snapping it on
>with some force.  But which end and where does one apply the
force?  Can
>someone walk me through this bit as well?
>
>Any help would be
greatly appreciated.