[Tigers] Hard Top Trim

Tod Brown todbrown at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 26 16:05:04 MDT 2012

Hello All:

After a very long time, I am trying to put the trim on my hard top and
need the benefit of some of you with more experience in this subject.
My first question has to do with installing the stainless trim around
the back window.  Specifically, it seems that you have to install the
trim as the last step in the installation process, after the window and
rubber gasket/molding have been installed in the window opening or am I
misunderstanding something?  If my assumption is correct, exactly how
does the stainless fit into the rubber molding.  Obviously, the
stainless slides into the slot in the molding toward the inside of the
molding, but what about the outside edge of the stainless?  The
stainless has a rolled edge on its outside, so it looks like it should
grab the edge of the molding which would seem easy to do if the molding
is not already installed, but not so easy when the molding is in place.
I guess what I need is step-by-step guidance starting from the beginning
with the window, molding and stainless separated from the hard top.  I
have been through the process of installing the molding and window on a
number of occasions but only recently was able to acquire a set of
stainless trim (thanks to Jim Armstrong carrying it back from England)
which is the reason for my questions.

My second question has to do with the installation of the long stainless
side trim, the pieces that go over the top of the roll-up windows and
down along the side of the hardtop.  I have heard there is a way of
hooking the trim over a part of the rain gutter and then snapping it on
with some force.  But which end and where does one apply the force?  Can
someone walk me through this bit as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE