[Tigers] Off Topic: Email clients...

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Tue Sep 25 18:28:48 MDT 2012

Thanks to all who have responded to my email client question.  I guess I
left out a few things when asking, lol. That's old age for ya, I guess.
First, I have a gmail account, a yahoo account and even a Win Mail
account. The issue I have is all require you to use their servers and
have their base email domain name. I have my own domain with my own
email set ups. With my family I have 5 different accounts that I watch.
  And of course they all have some form or adverts because they do
nothing for free.  What I want and at least think I need is an email
client that lets me set up my accounts with my own domain.  I have used
Thunderbird for quite some time now and am currently using version
15.0.1 which is their last release I am told. Mozilla no longer supports
T-bird.  I looked at the Eudora OSE Qualcom Mozilla mish mash and didn't
like it, but might be able to get to love it, lol. I don't like Outlook
Express. Because a lot of enterprises use Outlook I thought that maybe
it would be a good choice and now find that it is no longer supported by
MS. So what are companies using? Surely they haven all gone over to
gmail, win mail, or yahoo have they. I would try Outlook if I could find
a down loadable version, maybe the latest one. Oh, I am currently using
win xp pro sp3 and every update they ever had, lol. One of the reason I
am looking to get out of Thunderbird is the odd problem that developed
of not being able to see remote images. I had the capability on one
version, it updated itself and now the remote messages have disappeared.
I do have graphics from individual people who send me stuff with
pictures and so forth. But nothing that comes commercially works. I have
used every trick that Mozilla and its support forum has. I had changed
the config file relentlessly and nothing works..  If I want to see an
ad, I have to log onto my browser and open it in that. Didn't used to
have to do that. I even tried and actually liked the T-bird in pane
browser but that isn't the problem.  My wife has version 15.0 not 15.0.1
and hers works just fine thank you. I have a default appearance add on
and she has none at all! And hers works just fine and mine does not. I
have asked several times for support from the users and nobody wants to
play.  SO, while they at one time had a pretty good system, it has
turned to pucky for me.  If I can find a down loadable version of
Outlook, enterprise capable level, I will give it a try.

Excuse the rant, lol. I am just tired of Thunderbird and it's oddities.
Oh, and for you folk who use gmail and yahoo, guess who is looking over
all of your emails?

In any case, many thanks to all who did take the time to assist me in
this quest, lol.  Catch me sometime and I will buy you a big orange
drink of your choice.

mayf

I am having trouble with my Thunderbird email client and Mozilla has
decided to not support that product anymore. It is being left to hackers
to continue it's support. Do any of you use Microsoft's *Outloo**k*
email client? Not Outlook Express, but, the full featured Outlook? If
so, how do you like it?  contact me via personal message to keep the
list chatter to a minimum.. I need something since Thunderbird quit
displaying  graphics in my email. I have tried everything that Mozilla
says to do and that problem is killing me.

mayf

drmayf at mayfco.com

--
drmayf