[Tigers] Fwd: Fwd: Solder

Rollright at aol.com Rollright at aol.com
Tue Sep 25 08:56:46 MDT 2012

Jay

Someone was evaluating the possibility of replating his door handles
versus buying repro's. I comented that a good repro was the way to go. And  you
could send it back for a refund to a reputable vendor if you didn't like it.
I pointed out that you can't do that with a rechromer. Replating potmetal
is  really, really time and labor consuming (needing lots of talent) and so,
very  expensive. And often with poor results.

Jim Armstrong

In a message dated 9/25/2012 10:38:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,