[Tigers] Temp early Mustang site now

rande rande at thecia.net
Sun Sep 16 11:41:49 MDT 2012

Another deadline looming now, but...

On the subject of bench seats in early Mustangs, in the '64 1/2 brochure(thank
you Erich), no mention but... in the later 1965 brochure, it's an option, except
for Interior Decor Group ( you know it as the Pony Interior), also not available
on 2+2 (fastback) models or Mustangs with GT Equipment Group.

For 1967 and 1968 Mustangs and Cougars, bench seats are listed as an option,
seemingly with no exclusions. My hunch is that deep down in the order book,there
were some exclusions, like for Shelby versions, regular Mustang GT's if they
had unique interiors, Cougar XR-7's, GT-E's and Dan Gurney Specials.

I don't have enough info on 1969 and newer Mustangs and Cougars. I do have that
excellent Ray Miller book, Mustang Does It. Tons of good option pictures in
actual sold cars, but nothing apparently for 1969+, as far as bench seat. Not
the same, though, as saying the 1969 never had the option.

Also, I should point out that regardless of which front seats, Mustangs and
Cougars still had shifters on the floor, whereas early Camaro's had column shift
when fitted with their bench seat option.