[Tigers] Some news re my Aussie Tiger...it wasn't meant to cost this much!!

Thomas Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Tue Sep 11 10:19:53 MDT 2012

David,

  I have the same problem..., except with cars themselves.  My Tiger was
meant to be the car that justified getting rid of most of my other cars (and
prevented me from buying more).  I've had my Tiger on jackstands for 12
years now and haven't touched it in nearly 8 years. In that time I've taken
on four other "projects" thinking they won't cost much and the time frame
will be short.

 To mention a few the Turbo Pinto wagon; because I already had the
drivetrain and Pinto's were getting harder to find. Then there is the '64
Studebaker Daytona. Already with a Chevy drivetrain from the factory a 350
slipped right in where the 283 was. The Tiger was suppose to be my "before
mid-life crisis" car.  Now it's looking more like "after retirement."  At
least you are wisely investing in a 28 year "member of the family." I'm sure
your, "Managing Director/Treasurer/Chief of the War Office(wife) .... " will
eventually understand.
Tom