[Tigers] Dual master cyl instl

Smit, Theo Theo.Smit at dynastream.com
Tue Jul 31 08:34:31 MDT 2012

The maximum possible pedal travel depends on the allowable piston travel in
the MC, but the pedal position will depend on the pushrod length and the
spacer thickness. Some pushrods have an adjustable clevis, so you can dial the
pedal position to your liking. You can swap out the pushrod by removing the
circlip on the master cylinder. Just be careful that the whole piston assembly
doesn't come out at you... they typically have internal return springs.

In braking systems, the pedal shouldn't travel too far once you build
pressure... if you can push the pedal down by applying additional force after
you get initial pressure then something is bending (firewall or caliper
mounts), expanding (rubber lines), or compressing (air in the lines).

Theo