[Tigers] bogus ad listing

THEO SMIT tsmit at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 30 19:59:16 MDT 2012

Hi all,
Just got a phone call inquiring about the Alpine project car I had for many years, but sold over a year ago. After apologizing to the caller I did some digging and found that 'canadianlisted.com' has evidently scraped my Kijiji ad at some point... so while I had deleted the listing off Kijiji after the car sold, I had no idea the ad was still listed elsewhere. I've sent them a message, but I don't know when they'll retract the ad.

So if you use the various free advertising services such as Kijiji, Craigslist, etc. you might want to do a Google search for specific words you used in your ad, and see where else it pops up... more exposure is not always good.
Theo