[Tigers] Gauges & Voltage Stabilizer

Gary Winblad garywinblad at comcast.net
Mon Jul 30 07:16:00 MDT 2012

Everyone is forgetting to mention:
When you check the stabilizer, you will not just measure 10V!  What you will see
is a pulsed 12V.  The pulses only time average out to 10V, meaning they are
at 12V more than they are at 0V but depending on your voltmeter you may get
"strange" readings.
Also, since this is a heated wire/bimetal strip, IIRC it depends on a load current so
leave the gauges and sensors hooked up when you try to measure it.

Failure to go to the top with a full tank could be due to Rule 3:
3. Check all connections to make sure they are not corroded or loose.
Extra Ohms in series is what could do it.
It also is probably more likely the gauge itself.  The temp and fuel gauges are
the same except for the labeling so you could swap them for trial.
Or, fill the tank and remove the wire from the sender and measure with an
ohmeter.  It should be low like (IIRC) 21Ohms.

Gary