[Tigers] Tiger Dual master cyl. prt #

Thomas Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Fri Jul 27 11:33:12 MDT 2012

>>>Saw this for sale on eBay, does anyone know the car or part number for
>>>this part?<<<

A general application would be early 70's Datsun 510's and early 70's Datsun
Pick Up trucks (I think they were called 520's). Both were Non-Booster to my
memory.  I have a 510 so I know first hand.

 I  installed a 610 master cylinder on my Tiger that is visually the same.
My 610 M/C is the booster type and I had to make modifications. The rear of
the piston has a different configuration.  The booster type is tapered
inward and much narrower for the actuation rod contact point (similar to a
valve train push rod). Another disadvantage of the booster type is that it
is not designed to captivate the actuation rod. The non-booster type has a
configuration that takes an actuation rod similar to a carriage bolt (using
the back side).

I found an adjustable actuation rod (from a Volvo 122) and ground the end
until it fit properly into the tapered bore of the 610 piston.  I also used
the captivation washer (for lack of a better term) from the Volvo but had to
grind the circumference before it would fit properly and clip into place.

Lastly those M/C's came in both 3/4" and 11/16" sizes.  I elected for the
3/4".  Sorry I can't give you any feedback as the Tiger went on jackstands
12 years ago and the "honeydew" list has yet to subside around here.

Tom