[Tigers] Dad's Clutch and Servo

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 18:47:17 MDT 2012

I took the car for a drive again today.  Didn't have time to get underneath.
But, I realized that the clutch isn't actually hard all the time.  Actually,
it's a decent pressure for the first 1" or so - a very small motion.  But, in
fact, the clutch already releases by the end of this very short travel.  It's
only if I keep going that it gets really hard.  I don't know what this means.
I do intend to follow up with what everyone else suggested before.  But, I was
surprised about how little travel was needed to get the release.

I also noted that the brakes were binding up a bit.  It seemed even.  So, I
suspecting the booster.  I seem to recall issues with boosters doing that.