[Tigers] bulb dye

David Sosna sosnaenergyconsulting at cox.net
Thu Jul 19 18:45:53 MDT 2012

Hi Jim!
I remember bulb dye also.  Probably at least 40 years ago, as a teenager.
Some sort of Popular Mechanics How-to-make-your-own-electronic-chess game.
Or maybe it was checkers.
Anyway, it involved red and green bulbs, which I dyed using something in
little bottles.
The project never worked, and I found out that soldered electrical
connections happened to other people.
But I do remember painting this translucent red and green dye on the bulbs.
Did some searching on the web--you might want to try this:
*http://tinyurl.com/6nnfh49*
Not water-friendly, but perhaps you could seal the generator light
afterward.

Or maybe this:
*http://tinyurl.com/88y2pj2

*Maybe try a search under 'glass stain'.

Or check with your local hobby shops for glass dye or glass stain.

Best Regards
David Sosna