[Tigers] [Fwd: Re: Originality: Spare tire and wheel]

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 19:35:11 MDT 2012

Allan,

YOU will have the honor of being the subject of my last post before
unsubscribing from your little forum.
I have been a member of Motorhome and RV forums, Airplane forums,
Motorcycle forums, Ferrari, Dodge, Jaguar, Pantera, Porsche and Triumph
forums over the years since the internet was not much more than a BBB.
In all of these forums, 90% of the list rarely posts anything at all, maybe
10% of everything. 10% seem to post 90% of the material, as with milk,
cream rises to the top. Those who do contribute generally have the most
knowledge, experience...and Personality ( grasp that one).
Cars, Airplanes, Motorcycles, RVs are AVOCATIONAL pursuits, we do these
things for FUN.
For you see, in the final analysis, it isn't about the machinery, it is the
shared bond, fellowship, dare I say, brotherhood thats draws dissimilar
people together who share a common interest,  in this micro community,  we
brag, share, become teachers one day and students the next, we learn about
others and come to appreciate our differences and yet grasp at that one
isolated piece of metal that magically draws us together.
I am doing my best to learn more about Tigers so I can be an informed buyer
in the near future. This would join my Mercedes', Porsches, Mustangs,
Motorcycles and my beloved Pantera in my toybox.
As a former SCCA champion sports car racer, I encountered all kinds of
people, 99% of whom were awesome individuals. In all of the other forums
except this one, there are funny people who lighten the mood and understand
that after lying in a pool of oil on a concrete floor, with bleeding
knuckles and an empty reservoir of curse words after R&R a steering rack, a
good laugh is appreciated by ALMOST everybody.
In case you have forgotten, a Tiger is a Sunbeam Alpine modified by Carroll
Shelby with a V-8, it has like the Cobra, a humble beginning and like my
Pantera, a good old fashioned American V-8 as its' heart and soul.
Carroll was a chicken farmer, racer,  cowboy ladies man and an icon.
I do not diminish its heritage, but celebrate it. I have been to Pebble
Beach, Amelia Island, Monaco, Indy and Daytona and in all of that time, you
have to be the most uptight, kill joy I have encountered. I could easily
understand why a lurker reading this forum would totally begin to consider
other cars instead of a Tiger if you were the representative owner. Dude,
get a life, its not about the paint on the spare, its about driving the car
and the people who share your passion.

Michael