[Tigers] Stiff Clutch

awtiger at cox.net awtiger at cox.net
Mon Jul 2 15:33:08 MDT 2012

Jay:

Are you having any operational problems with the clutch at all?  Is the transmission easy to shift?  The reason I ask is that I've always considered the clutch in my Tiger to be way too stiff for the application, too (the previous owner installed it).  It's always engaged right off the floor, no matter where I adjusted it.  Well, last year, I found out why.  The clutch is so heavy that, when you push the pedal down and the hydraulics start to move the fulcrum pin on the bell housing, the slave cylinder bracket also flexes back toward the front of the car, thereby effectively limiting the amount clutch travel I really get.  My car is soon going to be detuned to it's stock form and, when I do that, I'm going to be looking for a much lighter clutch.

I'd be interested in what you end up doing with yours, as well as getting some input from owners of stock Tigers as to what clutch would work the best in a stock motor.

Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
TAC #740