[Tigers] Stroker Engine sound

Ronak, T.P. (Timothy) Timothy.Ronak at akzonobel.com
Tue Mar 29 20:23:57 MST 2011

Owain,
The stroker will sound just fine with the right cam selection. Running a
Hydraulic roller may soften the idle lump a bit as they are designed to
create some vacuum at idle for the electronic fuel injection to work.
I my opinion the key things that will help the car 'sound' right are
10.5:1 compression
Decent cam with a bit of lift
Right exhaust with 2.5 inch pipes and 'turbo' style mufflers
Big enough airfilter

If you want I did a 349.6 stroker when I had my Tiger and it sounded
pretty decent the actual components are on the www.tigersunited.com  web
site under the performance tuning section Lunati Stroker Buildup
http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/Ronak350Lunati/pt-Ronak350Lunati1.a
sp

Couple of videos on You Tube for you
Dyno Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90kCMAOnO_M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSMayDvW5NA

Big Bear Auto Cross event
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNQwbmffktI
A softer launch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLGEn-_aHeE

Kind of a lurker now that I sold off my stuff but the car was an
absolute blast to play with ... I miss it.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Senior Services Consultant
AkzoNobel Automotive and Aerospace Coatings NA
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo,  CA  92691
Ph: (949) 289-3357
Fx: (425) 955-6268
EM: timothy.ronak at akzonobel.com
Personal EM: timronak at cox.net

Information contained in this email is confidential. If you received
this email in error please delete this message and inform the sender.