[Tigers] Dropping the engine

Owain Lloyd owain.lloyd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 07:23:28 MST 2011

undo transmission/gearbox mount (all 4 bolts),
removing the driveshaft makes it easier but isn't necessary,
disconnect speedo cable (one 7/16 retainer bolt),
remove shifter from inside the car (2 bolts)
remove headers and engine mount brackets,
disconnect clutch slave hose,
disconnect coolant temp sender,
disconnect distributor wires,
disconnect hoses to heater core,
undo engine ground strap,
disconnect starter motor,
remove fanbelt, fan and alternator/generator,
removing the distributor cap and rotor helps a little too.

drop engine a little and pull it forward out of the x frame.  drop it
futher, lift car a little more (i use the engine crane which is not longer
holding the engine to lift the car about another 6 inches of the axle
stands), roll engine forward and out.

i think that's it.

are you lowering the engine down onto the dolly with an engine crane
attached to the carb mount?