[Tigers] Tiger Starter

Tony Somebody achd73 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 16:31:44 MDT 2011

Brian- I have a mini starter on my Tiger- running a 302 but the previous owner installed the engine, so I have no idea about the bellhousing. I also can only tell you the mini starter was purchased before I even owned the car from ebay and a chap from Fla. who sold parts at car shows and other car related events, so I also have no information about brand name etc. on the mini starter. I can say it turnes the engine over with ease. My only problem was when I replaced the clutch I had the headers on but not the starter and this partricular set of headers didnt allow for the starter to fit in or out of the header once installed. So,I had to unbolt the header to even get the mini-starter in. I remember thinking "What if it was a stock size starter"?I would have really had problems. Thankfully all headres are not made the same as I have always used headers on different Tigers and this is/was a first for the starter not being able to RandR with the header
 bolted in place.
Much luck.
TonytheTiger