[Tigers] Crossover Tiger: Originality

Allan Ballard allanballard at att.net
Wed Jan 26 16:42:50 MST 2011

My '66 MK1-a Tiger # ...091is referred to as a crossover style since it has
both square and round corner
body parts.

Something else I've noticed that co-mingles earlier different styles is the
knob on the heat control levers.

Earlier Tigers (and Alpines) used a chrome ball on the end of the levers;
later cars used a black plastic knob.

The levers themselves are threaded for the chrome ball version but not for the
knob version as the knobs are
made to be pushed on.

On my car, one of each type lever is present - accordingly one has a chrome
ball while the other has the knob.

I can't imagine one of the levers breaking or falling off  in the past and
being replaced - they are sturdy and well affixed - and my cars log has
no mention of a replacement.

So my question <finally> is whether the co-mingling is "factory" for early
crossover cars ??

Allan Ballard
MK1-a Tiger