[Tigers] Dash Veneer

Tod Brown todbrown at roadrunner.com
Mon Jan 17 14:33:28 MST 2011

"But what is that big red button (warning light?) between the fuel gauge and
the clock?"

I don't know where that particular Tiger was purchased or what model year it was, but when I got my Tiger in October of '66 (registered as a '67), there were some new safety laws in NY.  Among other things, seat belts and a four-way flasher were required.  In my case the dealer drilled a big honkin' hole in my dash and mounted the four-way flasher there.  It was one of those things that had a red cover over the bulb that you pulled out to activate them.  The one in Joe's dash looks to be similar.  When I redid my dash, I got rid of it and replaced it with a small toggle switch mounted in an auxiliary panel.  There is a tip about doing it in the CAT Notes.  Constantine's, BTW, is the best source for veneer.  As someone else said, you can probably sell what you don't use to someone else.

Cheers,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE