[Tigers] my Yahoo e-mail was hijacked

Stephen Waybright gswaybright at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 07:48:02 MDT 2010

All,
Per previous Warnings... careful about clicking the link in an e-mail that came from my Yahoo address  (with a blank subject line). My account was somehow hijacked and someone was sending this link to everyone in my Yahoo address book, from my account. They also deleted most my sent folder.

Changing my password seems to have blocked the problem, plus Yahoo now forces me to verify most e-mails I initiate (a real pain).

I don't know if Yahoo itself was infiltrated or if someone just figured out how to access my account, but hopefully you'll see no more junk like that from my email.

Stephen Waybright