[Tigers] More about Patton

Curt Bowland cbowland at msn.com
Fri Sep 24 14:23:19 MDT 2010

Here is a little additional information for those on the list who may be
un-familiar with just who Tom Patton is.

Tom is from Cincinnati, Ohio and has been a long time competitor in SCCA road
racing driving a Tiger. This year marks Tom's 27th appearance at what is
called "The Runoffs". This is where drivers from across the country have have
won enough regional races to race with others for all the marbles.

Tom has been on the podium (1st,2nd,or 3rd place finish) 7 times over the
years and was National Champion in 1999. Campaigning a Tiger against the big
money brands like Porsche, Toyota, and Nissan is a incredible challenge. Lets
hope for a strong finish for the 2010 effort by our standard bearer.

If I am not mistaken he is being assisted by fellow Tiger owner and racer
Barry Schonberger and possibly Doug Jennings. Weather has been on the wet side
and wind gusts today are 40 mph. Race time is 10:30 AM Sunday. You may be able
to view on www.SpeedcastTV.com<http://www.speedcasttv.com/> . Today the site
seems to be having some problems. I did get to see one of the races this
morning before the problem.

Enjoy,

Curt