[Tigers] Engine Temperature

Tod Brown todbrown at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 21 07:50:15 MDT 2010

Looking at Stu's data, the temp gauge reads 248 F at 24 ohms, so we can
calculate the power consumed from P = V*V/R = (12 v)*(12v)/24 ohms = 6
watts, so a 10 watt resistor should do the job.  I mounted the resistor
under the bonnet, near the sender.  I have not had any melting of the
plastic coating.  Using a resistor with a low power rating risks
overheating it and frying it, just like a fuse.

Tod