[Tigers] ADU311B, Classic M/Sport, Carroll and Factory Five

awtiger at cox.net awtiger at cox.net
Mon Nov 8 08:00:14 MST 2010

Rande:

You mentioned in your post that you could only "image what Shelbys crew had to do to come up
with the coil spring chassis of the 427."  Actually, by that time, Ford had their big blue nose way up in "Shelby's business" and when it came time for the design work to be done on the coil-spring Cobra chassis, they offered up their design computers and one Bob Negstad, who was the lead Ford GT project engineer.  The design of the chassis and suspension of the 427 Cobra was due to Bob's work and expertise in the field of chassis design.  It's always been my understanding that guys like Phil Remington and Ken Miles were heavily involved in the informational side of the project, but we have Ford and Bob Negstad to thank for the design of the coil-spring Cobra chassis.

Take care,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE