[Tigers] Nitrogen filled tire fad

Alvin Johnson twojohnsons at cox.net
Sat May 22 07:28:07 MDT 2010

    The Volvo dealer convinced my wife that she should convert our S-80
Volvo to nitrogen-filled tires. Dealerships certainly do need service income
when car sales are down.
    Now the Volvo is set for competition & the dealer is $50 richer. I doubt
the Volvo has ever exceeded 70mph---and that rarely--- with her driving.  My
new Mustang is said to have a 150mph top speed, but makes do with ordinary
air.
  . Don't I recall that the atmosphere we breathe is 80% nitrogen. Ah
well---a Volvo with Ferrari asperations.