[Tigers] Clutch Hydraulics

John Crawley alittlemoreink at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 08:09:23 MST 2010

Thanks Theo . . . your approach is just what I need  find out WHY the clutch
is heavy! My mindset was to buy the new parts now so that when my car comes
out of its winter hibernation I will be ready to fix it.  I can not access the
car easily until the snow melts but my first job will be to determine what
diameter of cylinders are presently on the car.

And Owain thanks to you as well. I was not aware of the Tilton products at
all. I believe that they are locally available through a speed shop so once I
determine what I need I will be able to get up and running with little delay.

Sandy . . . I have looked at the range of products made by Tilton and it would
appear that they have a solution to almost any offbeat application. Good to
know the difference between the 74 and 75/76 series as it was not clear on the
web site I was looking at.

Thaks all

Jc

> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:49:22 -0700
> From: sganz at pacbell.net
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch Hydraulics
> To: owain.lloyd at gmail.com; tkparker1941 at gmail.com
> CC: Theo.Smit at dynastream.com; alittlemoreink at hotmail.com;
tigers at autox.team.net

> You can also look at the short versions of the Tilton 74 series. The make a
75/76 Series which I have on another project in the works and they are a more
compact version with the same specs just more compact (shorter mainly). The
only downside I have found is if you use the top mount reservoir it has to be
a smaller one. I will get these in my Tiger with some new pedals with the
balance bar at some point...

<alittlemoreink at hotmail.com>; LIST TIGER <tigers at autox.team.net>
> Sent: Wed, March 24, 2010 1:43:59 PM
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch Hydraulics
>
> i use the tilton 74 series master cylinders for both.  they are cheap and
> readily available in 1/16" increments.  i have the full range!  i use 3/4"
> for the clutch because i like it short and sharp but 5/8 would feel normal.
> the pushrod needs to be cut short and threaded a bit more but i have two
> prepared that i just swap over if i'm fitting a new one.  i believe i use
> 15/16" brake master for my hoppers stoppers and rear dale a discs and 7/8
or
> 13/16 for the stock brakes with no booster.
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Tom Parker <tkparker1941 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > John,
> >
> > My recent experience with VB wasn't positive, sadly. The Brake Master
> > Cylinder came without a fork and the original fork didn't fit. The Clutch
> > Master Cylinder came with a fork but it won't fit around the clutch pedal
> > pivot. I haven't attacked that yet, the car;'s still in assembly. I have
no
> > idea what the pedal pressure will be, but the clutch is a standard
Mustang